Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Reminding Me Of Where I Come From(phase one)

This picture was taken two months ago.You still remember this story Now You Know Why Right? Well that's the girl in the story.Like i said,she's my friend.Afterall why would i chose a casanovar over my friend? Don't mind my attire: i love mixing black with white...and i love the Zebra animal too.

On saturday i watched one Nigerian movie called Super Love,starring my all time favourites-Ramsey Nouah Jnr and Genevieve Nnaji.It's about an orphan who was taken into custody by one man who had two daughters of his own.So this orphan acted most parts like Cinderella,you know like,she was doing everything in the house,from cooking to sweeping the compound,from fetching the water at the stream to doing all the household chores all alone.The two sisters(step-sisters) did nothing apart from complaining that their food is not ready,there's no water for them to bath,you know all those things Cinderella was going through.

So one day the Prince came to the village,and it was his time to get married,so all the village girls were invited to perform a funny dance in front of him so that he could chose a wife.Gues by now you know the whole story to the end right? All these Nigerian movies are obvious when you are not even half way through.
Well,watching the entire movie,took me to how my life used to be when i was growing up.I donno how old the orphan in that movie was,but i gues i was about 11 years old,when things like that happened to me.I gues i was old enough to even remember them now.
I stayed with my mum during my first 5 years.She remained in Gabz while i went to stay with her married elder sister in Orapa.I think she was trying to make something if not anything out of life for her and i.She came to check on me everytime she got the chance.I don't remember seeing much of her during those years.Well,like they say,what goes around,comes around.But at least now i get the chance to see my kids every month end and it's already in them that at month end,mummy is in.The only difference(and a challenge for that matter) was that,my mum had to fend for only one child,and me-i'm fending for 3.Gues it wasn't hard for my mum those times,but i'm not saying it's hard for me either.It's just that sometimes i wish i could make things much easier for me,you know?,for my mum,for the kids...

My mum usually tells me that i worry too much,but i always tell her that i feel all this is too much for her.Sometimes i wish i could also take part in bathing the kids in the evening(which i get to do only when its a month end and i've gone to check on them,which is just two evenings),you know,tuck them up in bed,help Vicky with her homework,prepare her lunch box in the morning and take her half way to school,you know?,those kinda things.But my mum is doing all that.Next year Rodgers is goinno be starting his first grade.It'll be my mum who'll take him on his first day at school.She's the one who took Vicky on her first day at school.I know how important these days are to kids,and i wish i could be doing all that,you know?

Well,i console myself in that,by the time they are teenagers,this blog will still be here to show them that i wanted to do what my mum is doing for them right now!

What am i talking about? Damn! I'm supposed to be telling you guys how that movie reminds me of where i come from.
My mum's sister was married, then.Now,divorced with 6 children.When i was still staying with them back in those years,when i was still at primary school,i remember i was doing standard 5,and my mum had just gotten a new job somewhere in Gabz,so she had come to drop me off at my aunt's to resume her new job.I remember crying when she left Orapa for Gabz,and when my cousins(aunts' kids) asked me why i was crying, i told them that my head was aching.But i wanted my mum.I missed her already!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Nigerian Movies are always so obivous. I hardly ever watch them nowadays.

You both dont look to bad at all. Quite tall too. (smile)

Jayn Sean said...

@Calabar...hey gal,how have you been? Well i'm so addicted to this movies you know?,i cant keep away from them,even though they are obvious,in most cases they relate to our lifes you know? I make sure i get at least 5 copies per month.

The height?...yeah i know...

Admin UD said...

9ja movies...nada. but, hey! i've seen like a couple that had me interested. My sista's are 9ja movie freaks btw.

Hmmmm...yu look good jaybabe, but da socks is sumthn else...lol!

Jayn Sean said...

@ugo D...i've got a lot of those.I recommend you watch any written by TChidi Chikere..they guy's a mind!

Can you imagine the socks?...lol..damnnit!..it wasn't even winter...lol

eloquence of expression said...

If your woman was crazy like jaybabe.. well you would understand.. Kind of got a DUH.."are you on the Botswana Hockey team" Look sometimes back..lol

Jayn Sean said...

@sword..i used to play for the team..just to keep myself busy you know?..and then i realised,i didnt really love the sport.So i'm waiting for summer so that i start swimming.

U dont wanna know what happened after i came to work like that.Everybody wanted to know where i got the socks! Can you imagine?..Rebbeca..you remember Rebbeca right?,she came the to the baby shower with orange stripped number.She looked great too.I cannot go out like that without people looking and going wow!,but i dont really like the look,was just trying it out!
It's the in-thing now in Gabz.

Admin UD said...

Btw, in wat part of da world are yu?

Dolly said...

dats Naija movies for you..... I love your height

thanx for stopping by my blog

Jayn Sean said...

@Ugo D..na wao for you Ugo!..so you haven't checked my profile?..well..i'm in one the SADC countries down south of Africa.Why you askin' anyway?

@Dee..i love the height too my dear..and i'm right behind you at your blog..every step of the way.

Izz said...

You look so confident in that outfit. And only a few people would ooze such confidence that comes with pose to it. Again, keep the Jay Flag flying high.

Jayn Sean said...

@Izzy...sa le ke go letletse.Where did you after the learners test maabane?..how did it go?

? said...

On tip toe? Tells a story of someone and their passion to create.

btw: nice socks. nice blog!

Jayn Sean said...

The passion and the drive,and the eager and something else,all wrapped in one-Compassion.

Thanx for stopping by...