Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My Neighbour's Gone...But I'm Still Here


I attended a neighbour's funeral this saturday and it was an unsightly scene to be around,especially when the coffin was going down.People were wailing like there's no tomorrow.Okay,this guy was a very close friend of mine.His family and mine had been close knit since we moved to this ward in 1994.Their yard is next to ours.They are very good people.When my stepfather passed away in 2002,i didn't worry about my mum that much coz i knew they'll look after her while i came back to Gabz.And they used to look after Vicky when i was back at college,and when my mum was still working then.

But when i was told the monday morning of my birthday(monday June 18) that this guy was found hanging in their backyard,i freaked out at first coz he wasn't the kind of guy who'll do that kinda thing.He was a very quiet guy.Never hurt anyone.Couldn't even hurt a fly.Well i didn't even cry too.I donno...it's not easy for me to cry over someone who's passed on.I remember i didn't cry at my stepfather's funeral.When my aunt told me that morning that my stepdad is late i was like, ''really?''..i donno...maybe it's bcoz i didn't really like this guy.
Nothing of the sort is known why this guy had to hang himself.Usually people who do this leave notes or something,but he didn't.MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE....

----------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes i wonder how one can respond to a guy's proposal without hurting his feelings.I must admit i can be really rude sometimes when it comes to these sort of things.But they(guys) can also be rude to us at times.The following are some of the exchange words i've had with the so called sooters.

1. A whistle
Please don't whistle at me.I am not a dog.Usually when this happens i'll just walk without even looking.And then you'll hear them swearing at you.''who the hell du think you are?', ''maybe i was your chosen one'', ''i was only doing you a favour'', ''you'll never get a guy calling at you''. Is that how to call someone?


2.''Err...sorry?''
Ee, ke eng?''..meaning..''yes? what?''

3.I'll be walking along the road,and seeing guys maybe playing their cards or drinking,and then when i pass by,i'll hear, ''Exee Florence?,Betty?,Felicity?,Sister Bertinah?''..all sorts of names.I donno..maybe they'll be trying to gues your name or something.But i don't usually answer to this nonsense.I'll just walk without looking.

4.Just yesterday i was at the taxi rank,and one taxi driver approached me and said, ''eish..madam..when i look at you i get goosy pimples''..mxem!..can you imagine? I neally insulted him if not for one guy i knew as our customer.He came to talk to me and it so happened that this bloody taxi driver knew him too.He said to the other guy, ''tlhe monna tell this girl that i love her.Eish...i'm even shaking''.I looked at him(the taxi driver) from toe to head then got into the taxi.

5.''Please,just say yes? I promise i'll buy you a train.And then get the railway on credit.Please? Just for you?''
..lol...wishfull thinkers!

And many many more.....

The other problem is how to tell a guy that you and him just can't go out without hurting his feelings.Or to tell him that you don't love him anymore without hurting his feelings.Or to tell him politely,that he ain't just your type.How do one consider his feelings?

8 comments:

1l said...

..........you could say "Call me when you got the railway, then we'll think about the train"

Jayn Sean said...

@meatloaf's minder...the minute i say, ''call me''..he'll ask for my number.I dont leave my number anywhere..

**wink,wink**..XXXX

Anonymous said...

..lol..
guys dont have a clue, while they take NO very seriously. I would say they cant handle rejection that well

Jayn Sean said...

Oh? Okay! I see...so the whole issue is rejection abih?..mhh!

Admin UD said...

This is hilarious. Are they retards or something. Imagine, 'I'll buuy you a train'. What happened to Porsche cars!

eloquence of expression said...

Sis, Betinah! Holy Shit!, dang...
.lol..

Jayn Sean said...

@Ugo D...do they know Porsche cars?..lol..i donno...
Retards? i donno...maybe in a way tryina say i'll do anything for you..i donno..

diary of a G said...

R/I/P to ur neighbour

I stop giving girls the time of day
cos some dudes gas em up too much already