Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Simple And A Real Friend!

Friends.Ever since i became me i've never had a friend.Somebody i can confide in.Somebody i can tell all my ups and downs.Somebody i can meet up after work or at weekends to go out for a drink.Somebody i can always be on the phone with.Somebody i can go out for lunch with.A friend as in REAL friend.I've always had my boyfriend as that 'real friend'.I've always had my cousins,i've always had my mum.Period.I've never had a girl/woman who could be a friend:

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself (and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your 'beer/Pepsi drawer' with her foot!)

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears..

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after you had a fight.

A simple friend expects! you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!

...i'm gonna find that kind of REAL friend one day...i know..

2 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

I'm first? Yay!!

First time here, I think. I hope you get some true friends very soon. But lemme warn you: They r not easy 2 deal with @ all!! *smiles*

Jayn Sean said...

@ Vera..Dammmnnn! i cant believe this! You managed to lend down here afterall?
Been wondering when you were gonna stop by.I have the biscuits,but i can offer the kola nut!
Thanx for passing by neh?..know what?..my eyes are pretty daunting for that real friend.

Keep well..