Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Popstar Botswana 2

Saturday night was one night i'll never forget. See that smile? I went to bed smiling like that. And i was smiling still in my sleep.

Popstar Botswana is back again, this time around i gues its coming with a bang! Why? Coz Jaybabe at least took part in the first auditions. Popstar Botswana is a programme that started running for the first time last year. This is where by young batswana who think they got a talent to sing, come forward and get auditioned, to compete and ultimately come up with a winner who'll then have a priviledge of recording his/her own muzic albumn. The programme is run in conjunction with EMI music Production in the U.K. So..yeah, my people, Jaybabe is in. And there's just no turning back! Remember one of my New Year Resolutions? That i wanna try and realise one of my dreams this year? Eehwoo! I'm on the road now! And pliz include me in your prayers. I asked you to pray for me, and now i've managed to make it to the next round. So abeg, help me realise one of my dreams, and pray for me.

The first round of auditions took place on Saturday the 12th at the Big 5 Lodge, where a lotta hopefulls came in to try their luck. I must admit it was really scarry, i was nervous(very) espcially that there were cameras all over.

You know me and my camera now! I still managed to have some pictures taken: More pictures of the event HERE

This is the presenter of Popstar, Mosa and the camera crew. They were going from one person to another, interviewing us and all. Mosa was the secong runner up for Miss Botswana 2006. Such a beautiful girl.

The Pool side of the Big 5 lodge. This is where we were hanging out, listening to our hearts thumping, b4 your name cud be called. People, this was a nerve wrecking experience i ever had to go thru.

Meet our judges. The first guy, in black t-shirt is DJ Sid. This guy is bad news ooo! Very bad news. He can just demoralise you and you'll end up walking outta this room, swearing at him for all he cared. You shud consider yourself really doing good if he gave you a yes!
The lady in the middle is Ruth Moore, the proud owner of the Big 5 Lodge. She sweet. But i donno why she gave me a no!
And then the guy in a purple shirt is Master Dee. He's an artist, and a citizen of the U.K. Stays there with his family, and runs music production company.

''A lot of people have been coming in here and doing nonsense. And i been giving them a yes. So i'm gonna give you a yes for the nonsense you just did there!'' DJ Sid said to me. ''Hey, to hell with you Sid! If i was doing nonsense why are you giving me a yes?'' i said to myself, smiling still..

Anyway guys, please i beg of you, pray for me. This is it!..i remember Miss Opeke and Pink-Satin once ran Blogville Idols and i wasn't able to take part coz...i wasn't Nigerian! Yes! If they wanted everybody to be in, why say each participant shud know at least one Nigerian song? Am i Nigerian sef? Next time somebody comes up with something like that, pliz include all bloggers ooo! coz its not only Nigerians who blog is it?
Now, i have two weeks of more practise to do, coz the d-day is on the 2nd of February. Thats when i'll know whether i'll be running for the crown or not. Once again, i plead for your prayers.

Have a blessed week ahead...ehen! Tia's baby-shower is coming this weekend. Stay tuned for the gist...and of course some more pictures.

26 comments:

Brilliantly Me said...

LMAO!! Congratulations!! I'll pray that your "nonsense" will take you to the next round.

eddiie said...

Hmmmm...

Now we've got a popstar in here.

Blogville never seizes to amuse. I mean we have got some hell of guys in here...

You are never sure of what may be Ugo can do..Olamild...i mean am surprised at teh rate wwe are getting singers!!!

Look, we are supposed to be good writers...Oh! this place is a bed of talent..Or is it bored talent because it takes long for one to come up...

Jaybabe...your new year resolution luckily is on the verge of realisation.How blogville would be happy to have there own blood becoming a popstar..

You better organise tickets for your blogville fans should you start recording and of course become a celeb!!

If you forget us? Remember we are praying for you as you requested.So dont be like other celebs who kick out there "former"friends you know?

But a good start to the year for you gal..keep going. Some of our new year resolutions are way way miles to be realised..

Eeeeh!! you an that teddy bear????

Jayn Sean said...

@Rayo...lol..yeah..my nonsense, can you imagine? But thanx for the prayers hey? Will really do my best.

@Eddiie..see that teddy bear? Everywhere i go, except of course to the office, he's always there with me. Every place i'm at.
Yeah this is goinno be one hell of year for me you know? And i promise i wont disappoint or forget you guys. How can i? When all i know is that if this thing was running online, i was gonna get a lotta votes from Blogville? So still, i know i'm getting a lotta votes from every soul in Blogville, and that will keep me going, and urge me to practice more.
Oya! Blogville is loaded with tallent oooo! Thanx to all of you guys...for believing in us, and for your wishes.
So a popstar is here...

princesa said...

Hey Jay!
Way to go babe.
Good to know you are on the path to realizing ur dreams.
Am praying for you.
That ‘Popstar Bostwana’ crown na ur own!

Thirty + said...

Congratulations Jaybabe.

Our own first Blogville Pop Star, will put you in prayers. I updated on the gist

Jayn Sean said...

@Princessa...Ooooh! Babes thanx hey? I think i needed to hear something like that. Thank you so much!

@30+...Will go check out. Thanks for the prayers..

eddiie said...

@certainly blogville is where you find the craziest and the most holy people...

Look at what they write about always but when they get down in their knees? expect God to listen...

Olamild should have prayed a lot ..i wonder where she is..Gal where are?

Jaybabe needs more prayers...the higher the number? the better..lol

Eeeeh@ the bear must be special...really special..every where except office...now thats addiction you know?

eddiie said...

......and i forgot to understand that judge..DJ who?

Jay, i just think that guy was tryina play the intimidating game to make you work harder...

i hope you practice a lot at home...i tell you a secret? Sing in the shower and you will see just how good you are...

true..

EDNUTEY said...

awww that is soo kool...I wish u goodluck in everything...na u go win by God's grace...dat's really nice
GOOD LUCK!

Queen of My Castle said...

CONGRATS BABE!!!!!!!!!!

I pray this your dream becomes a reality.

Kisses!!!!!!

Obinwanne said...

sister dont worry i've started praying already....you'll get to the grand finale....and i promise you....you'll be shocked by your own success...did i hear you say Amen?

eloquence of expression said...

Now that some positive thinking, win or loose. You were there. My wish is that you go on to the finals.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Yiha. im gonna pray so hard 4 u. mhen congrats.

Jayn Sean said...

@Eddiie...God listens, not matter what you do, no matter the weight of your sins, He does listen and always forgives, and grants you what you need. Are you not the one asking us to pray for you, so that you realise your only dream for this ear? Abeg, Eddiie..dont talk like that now! else i'm gonna stop praying for..lol..jokin'..
I wanda too where Ola cud be. Well now that the sista is here, maybe she can tell us where her other copy is. Hey you @Sparkle, where's your sista?
Babe, you know like Sid says intimidating things all the time. Someone who participated last year, told me to ignore everything he says. Yah i've realised that, he'll only be urging you to work harder, which i will by the way. I practice everyday, even in the mornings...thanx for the courage mannn!

@Sparkle..thanx girlfriend. Will do my best. Where's your sista by the way?

@Queen...Amen oooo! It shall be done!..**kisses back**

@Obinwanne...what you just heard was a very big AMEN oooo! Thank you so much.

@Elo..thanx

@Anony gal...pray for me oo!. Look at me smiling...

Ms. emmotions said...

i sure prayed for u right after reading gal, i wish the very best.

its all about being focused and knowing xactly wat u want, wit this, the rest falls into place.

cheers dear !!!!

Afrobabe said...

I am lateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Congrats babe...so so proud of you...now I can't wait to come to Botswana...

Got to take pictures with you before you become a super star..so I can tell people I knew you when you were broke.....

All the best love...

Afrobabe said...

Oh, and you look lovely darling...will try the hair style...

Unknown said...

WAow

All the best jaybabe

InCogNaija said...

We will pray... at least, i know i will pray. all i am asking is that when you become a big tymer, u gas to shout me out properly. It shud go something like this..."and most importantly, i will like to thank InCogNaija for all his immeasurable support..." u get ma drift? lmao!! I am on my knees already.

Writefreak said...

Wow, congrats on getting selected, i pray that 'nonsense' you sang takes you to the very top!

Will be rooting for ya babe

InCogNaija said...

I will pray for you... but you have to promise that when you win that award, you acceptance speech will at some point say..."and i will like to thank InCogNaija for his support and bla bla". in short, i pray for you...you shout me out. I am on my knees already. you go get'em girl!!

Jayn Sean said...

@Ms.Emotions...'its all about being focused and knowing xactly wat u want'..wow! i got that girl. Thanx so much. I'll do exactly that. Thanx for the prayer..

@Afrobabe...when i was broke? Bwahahahahahaha...Afro, you are so crazy wena waitse? Yeah i'm gonna remember you girl. And thanx for the best wishes..and the prayers ehh?
And my hair? Oh! Eddiie had just helped me take it out so i thought it looked sexy, so took some pics of it...LOL..jokin'. Its not bad is it? Yeah try it out girl. After you take out the plaiting, just shake it like that, and it will come drooping like that, then get a lil pic of it. Thats what i did.
Again, thanx, i wont forget you babe. NEVER!

@Olamild...i'm glad to have someone i can look up to and say, 'one day i'm goinno be like her''...coz i wanna be like you, sing like you, write lyrics the way you do. You are my inspiration. I promise to do my very best. Thanx

@Incognaija...lol..abeg, pliz write a full speech for me will you? Include everybody in Blogville for all the prayers i'm getting and the best wishes. You put your name first on the list, how about that? Bwahahahahaha..yeah right boy, i'm gonna say your name first. In fact i'm gonna shout it out! Thank you so much my dear!

@Writefreak...I do believe that this 'nonsense' will take me somewhere. I promise to do my best. Thanx girl...

Amelia said...

thats so nice.happy for you.at least you are doing something about your talent.i can sing too but done nothing about it.lol! all the best and good luck!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Wow, best of luck 'babe!

Jayn Sean said...

@Mona...hey girl...i know what you mean. Once, my cousin used to perform at some club, and when i go watch her on stage, she'll later tell her manager, ''see this cousin of mine? She's got talent but she's sitting her bumms on it!''I was like, ''Doc, shut up!'' And the manager said, ''why doesn't she do something about?'' So now girl i'm tryina do smth about it ooooo! Very soon, you try it out too. I'm having fun though..thanx for the wishes.

@SSD...you? Where the hell have you been? I promise to do my best. Thank you very much.

Afrobabe said...

really? I thought it was weave on.....your hair is very healthy and dark.