Monday, September 18, 2006

One tooth on top of a hill...!

When i fell pregnant with this guy,my granny fell sick,my dad stabbed my mum with a knife below the left breast during one of their usual heated arguments,my aunt and her husband got a divorce,my other cousin gave birth through caesarian operation,my boyfriend got mixed up with the police and spent two nights in jail,one of our antient huts at the cattlepost caught fire....
Jeddah(short for Jeddadiah-meaning God's beloved) came at a time when things were not really going well in my family,my dad had taken to his womanising and i gues then he was at his level best,my mum couldn't take it.When i saw her during those times she had lost so much weight i even thought myself that she was gonna die anytime soon.I spent most of my days asking myself what i would if ever i lose her,this woman is one of a kind!
Monday morning of November 04th 2002 around 5am,the waters broke,but there were no pains whatsoever,i was with Rogers Snr and Jnr that time and Vicky was in Serowe with my mum,we called the ambulance and i was rushed to Old Naledi hospital.Still around 10am there were no pains but the waters were still dripping.Around 4pm i was transfered to Princess Marina Hospital where i was given a drip to induce the pains,well i must admit the induced pains are much severe than the natural ones.
And then he came,weighed 4.6o5kg at birth and he was recorded in one of those books in the hospital as the 1st baby born at Princess Marina at that weight.When the nurses asked me what i was eating to give birth to such a huge baby,i just said 'avocado'.True,i used to crave for those.I would even not talk to Rogy if he wont include them in every meal he prepared for me.
I didnt see Jeddah for like two days after he was born and later the doctor told me he was put in an incubator to try and stabilise his carbohydrate content.The guy was huge! I feared for him though..i donno why but i did.I remember everytime when i went to the baby clinic to feed him,other new mothers will be looking enviously at my huge baby as theirs will be so thin and being fed on that milk at the hospital for nutrients.Jeddah didnt really need that at all,i even didnt breast feed him,just one month i gues..everytime i did he got big!
He's my mum's favourite,he eats too much,he's such i nice guy, David Norman couldnt contain himself coz when i told him he came on the 4th of Nov at around 4pm,he was like 'thats when i finished my exam!'.He was so delighted.

No comments: