Sunday, March 02, 2008

Standing Outside The Fire


We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk the tables being turned

We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame
That always comes with getting burned

But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire
We call them strong

Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall

We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance love might exist
And for that forsake it all
They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire
Standing outside the fire

Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire
There's this love that is burning
Deep in my soul
Constantly yearning to get out of control
Wanting to fly higher and higher
I can't abide

If you're standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

14 comments:

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hmm i wonder if im first. anyhow neva knew u were a poet. that lives me

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hmm i wonder if im first. anyhow neva knew u were a poet. that lives me

Manda said...

hey gurl, u abandoned me and stayed back here rite? i need u to bring ur azz back my page or........

How have u been swit?

Zayzee said...

nice one jaywoman.

princesa said...

True...one never really lives except he/she is ready to take risks.
Ain't that what life is all about??

falling in love is a big risk but hell...you never know!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Ah, the pressure involved in risk taking. Too much! But, we all have to do.

How are you and one, two, three in a row! lol!



NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Ms. emmotions said...

this calls for a deep tot my dear,

how are u doing hnm?

An-Igbo-Dude said...

standing outside the fire...
..hmmmmm

candybox said...

Yes, i prefer to stand outside the fire. No more burning. Got charred awhile back. Enough said.

Unknown said...

Deep!
`Never knew u had this in you
You go gurllllllll

"But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire "

I loved that part

Brilliantly Me said...

Wow did you write this??? Very deep indeed!

diary of a G said...

so wat ur saying is:burn baby burn? lol

Jayn Sean said...

Lol..guys, thanx for the comments. I really appreciate all of that.

@Anonymous gal...there's always first time for first things right? I decided to try that one out. You do that sef, you'll never know, maybe might be better than me.**wink**

@Manda...eheeeee! My god! Manda? is this you on my page? I dont believe this! No really i dont! I'm really happy to see you such that i dont even know what to say! Will be by your page soonest!

@Uzezi...thax

@Princessa...Yeah you right on gal. Real life is all about taking risks.

@S.S.D...take the bigger risk, and the most dangerous one, and see what comes out of it. Thats what i do to get by..
3 in a row are all doing good oo! Haven't seen them in like 2 months! Dont gimme that look! abeg, we talk daily on the phone. Okay i'll go see them next weekend. I promise.

How's you 3 in a row?..lol..

@Ms.Emo...really really deep thought.

How am i? I miss you...thats how i am.

@Ibo Dude...hey...good to see you here.

@Candybox..once you get burnt, dont go back again, coz you'll burn to death the next time. Stay away, and stay safe! How you doing sef?

@Ola...gues it wasn't bad i self. How are you my dear?

@Rayo...i wrote it alright. How are you doing gal?

@DoG...lol..you? I knew thats what you'll say. What i'm saying is, get in, get burnt, get out..walk away..!

Unknown said...

Very True!!

:)