Friday, June 20, 2008

I Swear I Saw Them..!

Just last night I could hear the noise in the kitchen in my house, but I was reluctant to go and check who it could be at that time of the night. The TV was on and the music playing on the radio just made me doze off, with my head facing the other side of the bed. Usually I face east, but I guess I was watching a movie when I fell asleep. I was too lazy to face the usual direction. The noise was like two people were discussing something.

And something I couldn’t really make head or tail of. Slowly I crapped up from bed, making sure I don’t alert the two people in the other room, I pulled my red baseball bat next to the chest of drawers. Just as I was about to the enter the kitchen, the two people met me half way, while coming into the bedroom. They also had baseball bats on their hands. They were huge and muscular like that. They put on orange overalls. I recognized the other guy. I knew I knew him, just didn’t remember his name or where I saw him, but I knew him.

Me: Aaaggg! So it was you? You scared the hell outta me.
Guy 1: Yeah
Me: And who’s your friend?. I asked pointing to the other stranger.
Guy 2 (stranger): Is your p**sy cleanly shaven?
Me (to my self): What? How the f*** can this guy speak to me like that? He doesn’t even know me! God! And then it dawned on me. Oh my God! They are going to rape me!.
Use your imagination Jane. Think, think, think harder..
Okay…ermmm…ermm..ermmm..lemme go and pee first. I told them as I swiftly walked roughly past them. When they didn’t stop me, I had an idea. I locked the door behind me so that they won’t get away.

When I got outside, I walked hurriedly towards the house that was opposite mine. I knew my mum was sleeping inside there. I was practically banging on the door instead of knocking. My mum opened for me and I jumped right in. I tried between gasps, to tell my mum that there are men in my house and I didn’t know what they wanted. My mum didn’t believe me so she just brushed me off. When I started to cry that’s when she took me serious. And then we went around waking the other tenants to come and deal with the guys in my house. Coz I told my mum that I have locked them inside. We all went to my house and people gues what we found when I opened the house? Two small boys in their school uniform drinking tea! Small as in maybe grade 4 and 5!

Mum: Jane, is this why you woke us all up in the middle of the night to come and see small kids drinking tea?
Me: But…but...but..mum please I swear I saw two men, not these boys! Two men. And they wanted to rape me! Please mama believe me! I’m telling the truth. I looked at the boys, ‘’you suckers tell mum that you were men before I called them here dammnit! Tell everyone that you are those men I saw...’’

The little boys just looked at me. Saying nothing. Just looking. God! I’m not going to sleep in this house oo! So I followed my mum to hers and she didn’t allow me to sleep with her on the bed. I just wrapped myself with a towel and slept on the floor next to her bed…

Now Blogville, please tell me, ‘’what kinda dream be this one?’’ Seriously. Is there any dream interpreter in Blogville? Biko, come to my rescue now abeg…And you know, the red baseball bat is in reality my red camping chair!
One thing for sure, this dream is not goinno spoil my weekend oo! My birthday was during the week so I wanna do something tomorrow Saturday. My other cousin is coming in from Francis town, so we wanna have fun. Not party but celebrate my growing a step up.

Blessed weekend guys…

14 comments:

archiwiz said...

Whoo hoo... 1st!

Hmmm...that dream is waoo....Perhaps you would use intelligence to get yourself out of a bad situation, and be careful because it would not be visible to others for a while.


Just started reading your blog...Real cool.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

na wa oh, this your dream sha. I can't even speak on it other than to say, "don't do drugs"
lol!

Okay really, did you watch a movie where a woman was raped or a rape was attempted? That could affect your dreams you know. Anyway, take it easy and give a kiss to the little ones.

Oh, and of course, happy belated bday. Hope you had a jolly good time!



NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

no way, did I just claim the second spot? wow!



NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Jay said...

Ha!!! That is a weird dream...babe its probably one of those things...you have a lot on your mind and your brain is being a lil bit overactive when you went to bed

Happy belated birthday...can't believe i missed it. Hope you had fun xxx

naijaleta said...

Saw the link to your blog on Afrobabe's blog and I decided to drop in. Tell me, where did you learn those Nigerian expressions from? I loved your blog. Hmm...about the dream, SolomonSydelle was right, maybe you watched a film in which someone was raped. Just forget about it and have a wonderful time. Keep blogging, stay in touch and I'll add your blog to my blog roll. And, I almost forgot, happy belated birthday.

Afrobabe said...

lmao @ dont do drugs...SOLOMONSYDELLE!!!

babe, its just a dream..I remember dreaming once in boarding school that my dad was dead...I cried the whole of the next day till they sent me home...

Parakeet said...

Hmm...this is scary...I dont know what to say but I think Archiwiz is quite close.

Chari said...

Huh? DId I jus hear you say biko?

LOL...LMAO...


Well you can like to contact princesa or bumight or Oluwadee or 30+ for the interpretation o...They are our prayer warriors on blogville..

Unknown said...

Wow some dream... :O At first I thought you knew the guys so I thought it was funny that you all were holding baseball bats. But wow :O

Unknown said...

Bible says he will send his angels to watch over you. No evil will come near you or your family, just be prayerful.

Happy Belated Birthday to you
Today is my bday
didn't know we were of the same month

ShonaVixen said...

this is one crazy dream..damn!!men that turned in2 boys..lol..but as solomonsdyelle said it might have to do with something u watched heard or read..

Thirty + said...

@SSD, lmao - "Don't do drugs".

Jaybabe, I think when you have someone who truly cares for you beside you suddenly potential evil or problem is nullified and mountains levelled.

Abeg I am not a dream expert or nothing like that.

princesa said...

Hey babes, longest time!
Sorry i cant help with the dream but dont let it weigh u down, pray about it and all will be well.

happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

the dream was probably as a result of something u did b4 u went to sleep. Don't worry too much abt it.

happy belated birthday.