Monday, January 22, 2007

The Moral Of The Story

Slamming the domitory door behind me,i went to my bed,dropped my books on there and sat down.The silence was so deafning,like you could hear the sound of a pin falling.

''So how long are you gonna go on like that? huh?...blaming yourself for something you got no control over?...did you have any idea that we are gonna write the test tomorow?...did you have the idea that you won't be able to go Cape Town tomorrow?...c'mon Tia! don't be mad at your self for this..please!''

She pipped through her sheets to look at me.I gave her an understanding look.''Don't even start with me Jane,i didn't bother you like this when you got roudy with Edwin.So please just live me alone okay?'', she abruptly covered herself again with the sheets.

''This is not about me and Edwin okay Tia?,i softly said, ''It's about you and that Walter guy.So get a life girl and face it! Don't even try and hide behind what went on between me and Edwin.Your case is way too different okay?''

After a very long while,''Do you remember when you had a fight with Edwin?'',she said this still under the sheets, ''after he found out about your kids you hid from him? Do you remember how you spent all those days not going for lectures and all? That's exactly how am feeling right now.I feel like....I feel like just dying you know Jane?...Good God! why is this happeneing to me? Oooooh!''

''Look! stop saying that and let's think of what to do make your Walter guy understand okay? lets think of that now before it's too late.''

We went to the computer lab to send Walter another email bcause i told Tia that the only way is to write him and tell him that She'll come the following weekend.Just to make him see that sometimes there things we cannot control.That sometimes we just have to live with whatever comes our way.We were just goinno try that,coz i never tried to talk with Edwin after our ordeal and it felt so bad i didn't want Tia to go through that as i knew how it felt.

Daddy Please:

You donno what you are doing to me when you behave like that.The fact that i wont be able to come just kills me inside and to see you do that to me kills me even more.How was to know that there's gonna be a test coming? why cant you see that i didnt know? why are you doing that to me? You want me to believe what? that every time we are supposed to meet somethings comes up? shud i believe that maybe God doesnt want us to meet? that whatever we want to do is not rite? that we shud call it off? i cant do that because i've already given my heart to you.

i know that things like this do come up in a relationship and in a way God is testing our patience,whether we'll be able to wait for one another.What's so difficult in waiting for me? i've waited for you for as long as i can remember.Why cant you do that? And not think that i dont wanna see you.That i'm doing this deliberately.I am waiting to see you Walter and i wish you cud do that too.

Anyway...my love for you is as true as the colour of my skin...and i know in God's eyes i'm doing the rite thing in telling you everything that i feel is rite.Hope you cud do that too.

Sorry i cant call coz i dont have enough airtime,but i'll call you sometime.

Bye


Chii! jare,that was something! If that bloody Nigerian guy won't call my roommate, then i'm gonna tell her to just let it go because i could just see how crazy she was about the guy.It reminded me of the first times we used to talk with Edwin.I will be there all day,glued to the computer and not wanting to move.We were always online and if i didn't see him there i'll be so damn frustrated i would become moody.Well that was that in those good old days gone by.

After a couppla hours, Walter called Tia and they talked.They agreed that Tia come the following week friday.''This time no buts,i want you down here okay?'' Walter said to Tia.

No comments: