Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Little Cottage At The Back

I love this little room
All my deepest sorrows are buried in it
It's the only place that understands when i want to be alone
When i want my space,when i long for peace
I get all of that in abundance inside this little room

It's so small but it's big enough for me
In it i find solace and i am able to think my things over
Without unwanted and uninvited intruders bugging in
The only people who understand that sometimes i don't want to
Be disturbed when i've closed this little cottage's door
Are the people renting in the same compound
Only those people understand that,especially my aunt and her two kids
They gimme all the space i need
But people like I.T,Victor,Dorcas,Edwin,Hedges and all the rest don't understand that
They don't wanna see that i don't wanna be nagged

I.T and Victor with their endless visits and their endless preaching that
That i'm not supposed to lock myself in the house like that
Who are they to tell me what to do and what not
Edwin and the others with their constent phone calls
Sometimes i just look at the phone and decide not to pick up,sometimes i do
Goddammnit! i have the t.v and the radio to play if i want some noice

And i have this little cottage too to gimme all the comfort
They think and claim to know that i need
Sometimes i feel like moving from this compound to find a place
Where nobody will find me
Sometimes i even think of changing my number-but this one i will
But again this little cottage is affordable in terms of rental
And my furniture inside is so seductively laid out
I love the mangoe trees grown at the back
They gimme the kinda sound from the branches,
Moving back and forth,that soothes my soul

When its hot lik ethis time of the year,the shadows coming thru
The back windows cools it down and i'm able to
Sleep like i've never done before
This little cottage situated at the back of the yard
Holds so many fond memories of my life as a single-independent woman
Most of them are from 2005 and a little bit of them from 2006 end
That is why everywhere i go,everywhere i am
Everything i do in every word i say
My heart,mind,body and soul are always in here
When i put the key thru the door and walk right in
It's like i'm walking right into my life
Coz inside this little cottage i see the person i was before
And the person i am at the moment

I thank you my God..for the little cottage at the back...!

1 comment:

eloquence of expression said...

Thats hilarious, girl you never ignored my calls.. duh...! Atleast thats what I want to believe.. oopse. Memories are made of this, a Nandos outlet, East gate mall, Os, Shaka, mine truelly and yours truely. who is fighting to chew the bones.. OMG. I always loved my Nandos very HOT, erm .. straight to the bone hun, straight to the bone.. Thats what um thinking about right now! Boy is o.k.