Monday, October 27, 2008

At The End...It Turned Out Right

The arrival of Jnr a couple years ago brought a lot of changes between Rogers (Jnr's father) and his mum. Rogy’s mum had never accepted our relationship from the word go. So when Jnr came along, everything totally changed.

One day, Rogy, Jnr and I were at my aunt’s house in Gwest, when outta the blues, Rogy’s aunt and uncle came in unannounced and ordered Rogy to come along with them. They didn’t even accept our invitation into the house. Rogy had made it a habit of spending the whole day with us(Jnr and i) like everyday. Waking up at his house, he’ll come straight to my own. Jnr was barely 2 months old and his dad will help me in tending him while maybe I washed the nappies or made his bottle of milk.

Sometimes he washed the nappies while I played with him. Like we took it in turns. Rogy really loved his son, and it showed in the way he changed his nappies. I loved the way he wiped out the poo with baby wet wipes and applied baby powder! The way he placed his son in a new nappy, he did it much better than the other girls I see these days. It doesn’t matter how things turned out between us, there are still some good memories..

That fateful day his folks came and ordered him to come home with them. They told him how he doesn’t belong where he was, they told him how I have given him ‘muti’ to follow me around, an that it showed even in the way he washes nappies!
‘How can a man wash baby’s nappies? We’ve never seen that in our lifetime!’, they said to him. Jesus! That didn’t happen in THEIR lifetime dammmnit! These are the modern days! God! As I knew how veeery quiet Rogy was (well..Jnr is worse, is it because he’s named after his father?), that day he managed to talk back at his folks! I couldn’t believe my ears!

‘’I am not going anywhere!’, he snapped back.
‘’Rogy I said you are getting out of here, out of this house, away from this girl!’’, that was his uncle, pointing at me.
‘’Babe, go with them’’, I persuaded him. He looked at me, then at Jnr, and quietly walked out, following his uncle and aunt.

About 20 minutes down the line, Rogy came back. When I looked into his eyes, they were blood shot red. I knew he was crying, then I chose not to ask him what went down.
Well…people Jnr turned 7 on 20th Oct and last Saturday we held a little ‘cake-eating’ for him. Maybe one day he’ll come to know about all these, but again I don’t see that happening because everything turned out fine for everyone. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Many a people suggested I sue Rogers for child maintenance. I can’t see myself going down that road. I feel when I do that I’ll be reminding him that we share a son, but abeg…he knows that alright! I’m not having that much of problems raising these kids alone, and I don’t see any reason why I should digrace myself by dragging somebody to the magistrate, who’s sensible enough to know that he’s got kids. Please! Ah-ah!

Jeddah’s birthday is coming on the 4th of November. He’ll be turning 6. Am all smiles when writing this coz I just spoke to my mum a coupla minutes ago and she told me that she’s gone to register him for next year’s standard one intake. Kai! Minus one problem!

9 comments:

InCogNaija said...

wish them happy birthday for me.
how you been?

Jayn Sean said...

@Incog..hey, i been fine. Dont worry..i'll be by your page b4 you know it. Will wish them for you...thanx for stopping by

The Activist said...

We have so much backward pple in the world. They are agents of devil. All they know is to destroy happiness. Why cant a man wash nappies. e sweet to make love but hard to do the work? Nonsense.

But he shda stay and ignore his family. Family shdnt dedicate to us how we shd leave our lives.

Say happy b'day to your son. He becomes six on the day Obama wins. Lovely

WHy did u disable comments on your 2 last posts?

The Activist said...

Sorry missed jnr b'day up with Jeddah's. Are they both your sons?

Jayn Sean said...

@Standtall..yep. The only two boys i got. Their sister Vicky's birthday is on the 25th of December.
Ermmm...sombody pissed me off, thats y i disabled the comment section. Wanted to stay away for a while..but...daaaang!! i just couldn't.
Blogville has become my family now..
Will see you in a minute babes!

The Activist said...

Say hi to your wonderful kids for me.
And pls dont let anyone piss off. It's your blog, it's your call

eddiie said...

Jay? Its a rough path in this world. Hearing your story, it pains. But i know you have a strong will and mind to get over this. Its unfair on your side to take care of those kids by yourself but you have done tremendously well. Trust me, you are doing good Jay!!!

Suing him is not an option Jay. Completely.Some of these thingS will just ruin your happiness.Trust me, this will just injure the more, the already healing wound. You are a GREAT MOTHER. All you need to do is to take care of Jnr well, like you have always done and let Rogy's family know you are a TRUE MOM.

Jayn Sean said...

@Standtall..i will say hi to them babes. And thanx for those soothing words. Thank you very much.

@Eddiie..hey Ed, long time no talk, no 'see'. Its good to see you around. In my heart of hearts, i know how great i am doing with the kids. And i promise you i wont let any one, or anybody bring me down on that. Not that i wanted my kids to grow up without a father, but i grew up without one myself, and every time my mum sees me, she's all smiles, bcoz she knows she's done a GREAT job. So i will follow right on her footsteps.

Thanx for passing by. How is everything?

The Activist said...

You are welcome my sister