Monday, August 13, 2007

Yes!!! Hollywood came to Botswana

Even though i didn't come to work this past weekend-to make money of course- i had a wonderful little weekend of my own.
The film crew from United States were shooting the Nite club parts of the movie- No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. A movie which is goinno be turned into a series in no time.


I'm pictured here with my cousins- Faith(in red track suit) and Osetse.

I saw the film crew friday nite and i had thought i was gonna come in the morning of saturday to take some pictures, not knowing that friday night was their last night at Eros bar. They came and renovated the bar into the one that's in the book- No.1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alex McCall Smith.The bar now is The Go-go Handsome Mens Bar...lol..i have never read the book.
Heard about it for the very first time from my babe when he was here in May. We even went to look for the book at one book store in Game City Mall, but didn't find it.

I argued with him on how come he was leaving in the U.K and knew about the book that was set in my country and i didn't know about that. I hear it's a very nice book which has already sold at least 15 million copies right now in Britain. I gues it's still gonna sell more after it's turned into this movie-especially that the lead actress is Jill Scott..oh my God! You people should've seen how she looked in that african print skirt! Oh my...she has a behind that's exactly the same as that of somebody from my home village-Serowe. She looked so damn Botswanian!




Like i said this bar used to be called Eros. And i heard the film crew paid the owner a lot of money just for him to allow them to shoot their movie here. I pass by this place every morning when i come to the office. And i sometimes come here with my cousins coz this bar strictly plays jazz. No kwaito, no r & b, no mpaqanga, no house muzic, no traditional muzic, no rave, no acid, no reggae-nothing! Strictly jazz fusion. The kind of muzic my babe would love. Like all you'll hear is the sound of piano, saxophone, violins,trumpets and a little bit of drums here and there.A lot of commoners here are very old people, mostly married old couples.
I'm still trying to locate where the film crew could be shooting rite now-coz i want to take some pics of them rolling the cameras and shouting their cut! stints. I've seen on newspapers places where they'll be shooting this movie, but i will get them, i know.

I was bored saturday morning so i went to Game City mall to spoil myself a little bit.Took my camera with me. Then from Game City i passed by Riverwalk mall. Aaaaagg!, i don't like this mall coz majority of people who do their rounds here are white people(please i'm not saying i hate white people-my babe is white now!), and besides the shops here are so godamn expensive. But it was quiet fun. Saw that the Debswana company sponsored some people to come teach/train some little kids in karate. On my way back home i stopped by Handsome Mens bar to take some pictures of the inside. Dammnn, you'll have to see this bar at night!

Click HERE to read more about the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency filming. Yes right here in Bots.
And click HERE for some more pictures.

I hope you guys had a great weekend. Mine was very gr8. I was also cracking my head to come up with a solution for the ''WAS IT A BAR OR A BAT I SAW'' on my last post. Oh my God! How could i have been so dumb? When you read the sentence going backwards- IT READS THE SAME!

Have a productive week! xx

16 comments:

eddiie said...

Firstiiesssssssss

yes..eys...

eddiie said...

i dont like books....

i remember reading a book because it was accompanied with a film..thats the only excuse i could ever use..

So did you feauture anywhere in the movie?...If so, i can officially declare you a celeb,,

Right?

But your have cute cousins as well..That one there..Faith,,..yes Faith..LOL..

eddiie said...

Ok...am goin to update that blog..i mean mine...you came there and thanks for reminding me...i had lost what to write...

whats good in West Africa? i need to blog it here..what do you think..

can you suggest for me a topic?

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Wow, cant beieve my luck! Am first! Seems like you are having fun. Now you have made me eager waiting to see this movie.

EDNUTEY said...

ok, where are u from?

eddiie said...

BTW we need the final thoughts on IS IT ABAR OR....where do you lay now and may be you can go and correct your teachers....hehehe!!!

ciao babe

diary of a G said...

what you got going here?
I'll holla

Jayn Sean said...

@Eddiie...thanx again for being first.Somebody suggested prices for being no.1's on someone's comment page.I'll think about what to give you..but certainly not Faith..she's taken oo!..lol
Before i read a book, i got to the back cover, read the summary,then i gues thats when i can go check it out slowly slowly,for the thing that it will be turned into a movie or something will just be a bonus.I don't feature anywhere in the movie,like i said maybe i went there very late.I ain't sure if i would've liked to feature in there.
I dont really know what to suggest for you to write and i donno what could be happening in West Africa coz i'm in Southern Africa. So come up with something mann! else i won't go to your blog if i dont find any update!..
WAS IT A BAR OR A BAT I SAW?-read it going backwards....lol..

@Andy....I know this is your very first time to leave a comment on this page, apart from that,no you second.I've always toldu to keep checking my page on time.See now?..Eddiiee was here b4 you.Thanx.

@Sparkle...Serowe. Why?

@DOG...better holla back wena...!

GERALD said...

ha..ha..ha...ha..

GERALD said...

you had fun.am feeling jelo...........ssssssssssss

eddiie said...

Good pimp...i hope its time you thought of an update as well...

hehe..

An-Igbo-Dude said...

nice....

EDNUTEY said...

all this while I thought u were a Nigerian...my bad!

I love ur new template..WAY better t han d first one
nice!

Jayn Sean said...

@Gerald...what's funny?...don't feel jealous..'ts gonna come your way one day.

@Eddiie..i've decided to do updates on fridays and mondays...i donno...will try to keep to that.

@Ibo Dude...yeah..thought so too..

@Sparkle...you donno how much i wish i was Naija...and i love your new profile pic..veeery sexy!

GERALD said...

you had great fun...
Your cousin faith looks hot.

GERALD said...

not laughing but memorising the fun you had.....