Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What Is It In A Name?,ie,Name Tag

Hi everyone! Hope you guys had a great weekend.Yes weekend,coz i just reported to work like today.So to me today is my monday.We had what we call long weekend.It was President's Holidays monday and tuesday,and Oh God! had my most resting time i ever needed.Yes i'm back with a bang and i been doing the rounds in blogville before i can sit here and bore you with my escapades of the (long)weekend.

It's Tia again.My cousin,Faith came over from college(where she's studying to become a teacher-if i hadn't quit my teacher training thing too,there was gonna be two teachers in my family.Well thats the past now..don't need to cry over spilt milk do i?) Okay yes she came and she and i visited Tia at her house.
You know these days she just wanna be with me all the time,because when she called me monday morning to come over she was like, ''hey wena,you better hurry up,coz i miss you this side''. Ehh? Tia missing me? Wassup with this girl? I think the pregnancy is starting to get to her now.You know how it's like when you pregnant? Dammnit! i'm not refering to the boys and those girls who haven't fallen pregnant before okay? When you are pregnant there are somethings you don't want,you just naturally develop hatred for, you see? There are people you don't wanna see.Like i hated Vicky's dad so much when i was still carrying her(Vicky).There are things you want and don't want to eat.

Oh! again,some people wanted to know what happened after Tia told me that she was pregnant for a married man right? Ermm..well we talked a lot about it.I just told her that it wasn't the baby's problem,and that she wasn't goinno punish that soul for what she(Tia) did.I told her it was gonna be fine.With me,her family and the people who loved her around,everything was goinno be just fine.On the days that followed we ate out a lot coz she always said she was craving for a Wimpy double bugger...that brought a smile to her face everytime she had it,and i figured she was begining to see reason with me,for her to keep that baby.

So hey guys,Tia and i are very much excited about the baby.Hope you are too.See now she's getting that pregnancy complexion,just getting more beautiful everyday.Problem is she gets very moody sometimes! Yes it has already started oo! But you know me now? I know these things.I been there done that,you can put it that way...lol

So when we get to her house,dang! can you believe this? she asks me to cook for her! ''Ah-ah Tia please we just got in,You should've prepared something for your visitors now-abeg''..Holy God! Gues what happened next! She's crying oo! Just because i complained! Oh no! am i goinno start baby-sitting already? with this big mama? Was i really like this with my first pregnancy? i don't remember!

Okay.I decide to abide by the rules now.I don't want her to hurt anymore.Anything she's gonna ask i'll do without complaining.Provided i can.I don't want her to hurt the baby.So i did the cooking(i must admit i'm aint good at this, somebody somewhere knows that i can't do good at this,but i'm learning now,i gues i'll be better the next time we meet) ,she's there gisting with Faith.I've never known Tia could be so talkative.Can somebody really change like that when they fall pregnant?

We are done with eating neh? So now it just happened that we ended up tryina come up with names for the baby.It was a very difficult thing to do.Because we had to come up with 4 names(two Tswana names-girl & boy and two english names-girl & boy).Everytime i tried to say out a name and Tia didn't like it,she'll lash out at me! I donno...one minute she's all over me,the next she wants to kill me! Hee bathong! This girl!
English names are so very easy to pick.You can go sit and meditate in the toilet,then all of a sudden come out screaming Tom,Tim,Ben,Arnold,Peter,Donald,Jerry for boys or waking up from a deep sleep you can shout Lizzy,Emily,Samantha,Mary,Judy for girls.But with our traditional names you have sit and scratch your head because it has to come with a very meaningful meaning.

My middle name is Seane.This just means Proverb,not any proverb in particular,but just that word.Vicky's middle name is Tsholofelo.It means Hope.It's my mum who named her that one.I never came up with any name for her.My mum called her Tsholofelo and her father called her Victoria.Don't ask me why i never named her.And then Jnr's middle name is Thatoyaone.It means God's Love,but again this guy loves me oo! When i'm home he never leaves my side.When they are watching t.v and they are sitting down on the mat,you know how it's like with traditional women,kids don't sit on seats when watching t.v especially when other neighbouring kids are over,so when they are sitting on the mat,Jnr is here by my feet.
And then Jeddah's middle name is Motshidisi,meaning Life Saviour.Dammnit! no wonder he looks out for his brother and sister!

So then in that case you have to be careful which name you came up with because i tried to bring forward Dikeledi,meaning Tears,which is my grandmother's name.Yes i wanted to name Tia's baby after my grandma.She almost broke my neck!

What does your name mean?

23 comments:

feather said...

Almost broke your neck.lol. but seriously so would i. everyone there has such a pretty name. they mean really lovely things. like hope, life saviour...wouldn't want mine to mean tears. besides remember the story of Jabez. He's name meant pain and He had to pray to God that they would be no pain in His life. My surname means friends.

Jayn Sean said...

Feather..hey girl,how are you?
I gues your surname is your father's name right? So it means friends? Wow! i gues your father makes friends easily like you ehh?

But i thought i said your name! Don't try an run away from this one oo! what does your name mean?..lol..see me i wanna know now..

Anonymous said...

My name means= a person who will be all over the show. The one that leaves last when the dust settles down, the one that will spoil everything and I am living every part of it. Its so great to have such a name.

An-Igbo-Dude said...

not good with the name thingy

what about success, goodluck, miracle, favour (in tswana that is, not the english version)

thanks for stopping by

diary of a G said...

Am here but am 1 of the 3
1 busy
2 lazy
3 tired

I'll be backkkk

diary of a G said...

lol she asked you to cook then started crying--hasn't it been like only 2 weeks

I think you are in for more to come
from miss tia --happy she's feeling better about things--your a great friend to have ...I can tell

my middle name: Kamor
you tell me what it means
I have no clue
but the girls like it lol

btw
girl please go to your dashboard when you have time and take off the WORD VERFICATION Crap
I jsut had to write a : fzkwwlopihg
nonsense lol

Jayn Sean said...

@Anony...gues your mother had a reason to call you that.Its just a coincidence that you love the name too.

@Ibo Dude...are you tryina come up with names for Tia's baby or what?

@DOG...just imagine two weeks?,and somebody's already crying for attention! I think i'm gonna have problems with this girl oo!
Kamor?...Kamor means...ermmm..mxem!..dog do i look like i know?..**hissss**
Word verification out.You satisfied?

diary of a G said...

a lieeeee!
you took off the wordy thang
good stuff

okay since you dont kwon what my middle name means Ill tell you
it means lover boy lol

EDNUTEY said...

lol..I know..d word verification thing creeps me out too!

my middle name, I don't knwo what it means
lol

EDNUTEY said...

and thanks for checking on me

Jayn Sean said...

@DOG..lol..wa yaka! who toldu your name meant that? which language is that anyway,coz definitely its not Igbo or Yoruba..lol

@sparkle...ok tell me your real name,i'll tell you what it means.I'm a linguist girl.Just say it.

BTW..you and DOG..wassup? the two of you again,alone in my house.And i realised both of you spelt that same word wrong.wonder what the two you were doing...**frown**

feather said...

lol. my surname isn't my father's name. don't use his name. so yeah my name really does mean friends. i don't have that many, i wish i did. only it would be that much harder to keep them. but the few i have are really precious

Unknown said...

lol!!! I knew Dog was going to say that. I am not surprised sha!! lover boy ko, lover boy ni!! :D

One of my names means sweet as honey

:P

This announcement is for everyone up in here
Well, i just dropped by to let you know of a competition that is running at the africanloft.

www.africanloft.com

Pls, participate.



Ps: 600 words is just a page..

Jayn Sean said...

@feather..okay babe

@Pammy..i'm gonna submit my essay b4 the 26th okay girl? i got your back...sweet as honey?..mhh?..are you sure?
Dog is so funny.did you check out how him and Sparkle spelt the word know?..i wonder...

diary of a G said...

I know(correctly) sparkle sup with that
the funny thing is the dream I had was about her(remember)
I hope not too many people see this
lol

Jayn Sean said...

@DOG...i overstand boy.It'll be fine.She told me she dreamt about you too.Maybe the two of you can...you know..?
(1st marriage in blogville-beat Ugo and Nkem to that)

Anonymous said...

lmao...HELL NO I am coming to ur page right now....Jaybabe, my name is Yetunde...I know tehy give ppl dat name when ur grand mother from d father side dies...or something
crap!

Unknown said...

LOL at Jaybabe :-)

EDNUTEY said...

lmao Jaybabe....WHAT D HELL ARE U TALKING ABOUT!
lmao...crazy ppl in here
lmao
Sparkle...out!

Unknown said...

hehehehehehehehehehehehe


:-)


pammy

Jayn Sean said...

@Yetunde & Pammy...you girls shud stay outta of it.When i talk to DOG the two of you stay out of it okay? You dont have brothers sef? Now my baby bro is pouring his heart out to me and you two are pipping? **hissss**..get outta here...lol..

Izz said...

hey. jeddah is lookin too cool man. no wonder he is adorable, that lil hunk of yours.

diary of a G said...

update na