Monday, July 30, 2007

I Can't Stop Blaming Myself.

You remember Vicky now ehh? She'll be 8 this christmas

I been trying to put up a smile on my face for the past two weeks.I haven't even told P.S about this one.He's gonna read it from here.

You remember the story i wrote about the two cousins i was staying with in O/town when i was growing up right? The ones i was doing everything for? And about the female one who wanted to come drop her two daughters at home to stay with my mum? And that i told her i have my own bundle to look after? Well the story is HERE for you to read.

I'm gonna narrate this to you slowly so that you understand.After i declined my cousin's request to come leave her daughters with my mum,she went and dropped them off at grandma's in the village.That's where my mum was born.My grandma stays with my mum's youngest sister(my aunt).My grandma's last born.Now she too has got two kids of her own.A boy,19 and a girl 13.That means at the village it's my grandma,my aunt,her two kids and my cousin's two kids(remember the older one is 4 and the younger one is 2 and a half).

I been tryina put on a brave face for the past 14 days because the above 19 year old molested and raped the 2 and a half year old! This is happening at home.Where my mum was born.My maternal home.I didn't wanna write this up or tel P.S about it because we were waiting for the test results for the little girl and the boy and when they came out proven true i felt like dying.People we talking about a 2 year old here and somebody she looked up to as an uncle.A 19 year old for that matter.I donno..maybe the guy has gone insane or something.The journalists from The Voice newspaper were at home on Friday and wanted to publish the story.We chased them out.Please pardon me,i'm not gonna say much about this,just that it's a family matter and i hope we'll be able to solve everything accordingly,with God's help.

Now you might be wondering about Vicky's picture on top.Everytime i go home,the kids never stop talking about how their 'uncle Raider' gave them money and bought them goodies.Well uncle Raider is my mum's friend.But i haven't met him face to face.I only know about him from the kids.

It's might sound stupid,but after this incident it keeps occuring to me that something like that might happen to Vicky.Looking at how my cousin is doing right now,i just can't bring myself to think about how i would feel if anything of the sort happened to my girl.It might not be uncle Raider,maybe just some people in the neighbourhood,or when she's walking from school.In May,when i was home with P.S,i remember how he kept on reminding me to be careful with how this uncle Raider takes on to the kids.Oh my God!,and on saturday nite when i was bathing them,and i was bathing Vicky down there,i told her to never let anyone touch her down there,especially a grown up male.She promised she won't.Yesterday when i left home in the morning,Vicky had gone to church,and that gave me hope you know? Like if i can't be able to protect her,or if my mum can't,then God will.

For the record,i can't stop blaming myself for telling my cousin off when she wanted to come drop the kids at my mum's.I keep regreting it over and over.I know if i had taken the kids in,nothing like this would've happened.I couldn't even bring myself up to take the little girl some pictures,as she still has the bruises,one eye is still solemn.We are still wondering what could've gotten into that boy to do that kinda thing to an innocent little girl.I've never felt so helpless.

Please don't ask me how i'm doing right now.Some things you don't believe that they do happen until they are right at your doorstep.I won't be blogging as often as i would've loved.But i promise to pass by people's houses in blogville.My family shall get through,by God's graise.

13 comments:

Ubong Da said...

Damn this rape thing really pisses me up. a 2 year old kid for that matter. I swear I would kill someone o!, family or no family what da hell, when there are so many willing women of his age or older out there. Damn am too upset to talk. Thanks for spoiling my beautiful afternoon.

Stuck in my throat said...

Girl, hang in there.I have a niece who is barely 2....
God knows I will KILL anyone who touches her.I will keep the baby in my prayers.

diary of a G said...

consider this post devirginized

Unknown said...

The world has definitely gone crazy.

Be strong gal ... you will be okay....

take care,
pammy.....

The 19 year old might need some help....and the 2 year old, oh my gosh, i do not want to think about it... :-(

Jayn Sean said...

@Ubong Da...i'm sorry i did,but i felt it was time to let it all outta my heart.Been hurting you know?
Haven't seen you around for a while now..where have you been?

@Stuck rite there...thank you very much.

@DOG...get back here wena!

@Pammy...the 19 year old will be starting psychiatric medication next week monday.He's 'sick'.The 2 year old doesn't know whats going on.When i call her mum,i hear her laughs on the background.It's goinno be hard for her when she gets to know what happened when she was this age.
I'll make sure i be fine.Thanx.

feather said...

good thing they found out.it shouldn't happen again.

EDNUTEY said...

na wa o...like I always say, God is really merciful
good thing wer are just humans...we have limited powers...sometimes u wanna blame God for what happened to you...like while he was in d act why didn't God just strike him to death! or something else
...and sometimes, you just overlook it and thank God 'cos u might think ur situation is worst, and ppl out there are going tru something even difficult

u just do ur best in protecting ur daughter...I'm sure she'll be fine...God be with her

Jayn Sean said...

@feather...how will we know it won't happen again?

@Sparkle...thanx girl. Gues thats what i wanted to hear.

feather said...

wish there was a way to stop it

Jayn Sean said...

@Feather...me too.

But God is always there now.All we can do now i gues is put everything in his hands don't you think?

LG said...

Oh My goodness. Your family is in my prayers.

Jayn Sean said...

@Littlegirl...thank you very much my dear...xx

Anonymous said...

Cut his dick nd put it on the fire. He is mentally ill and such bastard do not deserve to live. If it was my daughter I will kill him, thats what we do in South Africa. I can not even begin to imagine how somebody can rape a two and half year old, I can't I mean that person needs to be really, really sick in the head. I mean what went on in somebody's mind to do that? I am stuck here ladies and gentlemen. I say kill the fool, actually torture him first by removing each fingers one by one and every hair folicle. I know I sound crazy myself by saying this but that is what I will do.