Sunday, February 25, 2007

T'was A Long Time Back...But I Remember

I think i was either two or three years.Gues my mum was 21 by then.I was staying with her then,in another part of town.My mum was working,selling some food(take-aways) in a caravan at some place i can't remember well now,but i remember she used to bring me all that was cooked there every nite she came home.One morning i woke up still with the fat cake in my hand,gobbled up a little,there and there.

The other event that i remember quiet well is the night when a man came to our little room(gues it's the one my mum was renting) and beat my mum up.I gues it was mama's boyfriend or anything.I remember him knocking and my mum refused to open the door.I was sleeping with my mum on the same bed.The guy went to the back and told my mum to open the window then,still mama refused.

He smashed the window and the glass fell on us,he opened and got in.By this time we were awake with mama and standing in the middle of the house.He started beating my mum real hard.Throwing her on the floor.I can't remember where i was that time but i know i was crying then.I remember he slapped me and shouted at me to keep quiet.He continued beating mama.I remember the blood from mama's nose.

Luckily somebody called the police or something because in no time i heard the police car pulling up out side.And then i remember again going inside the police station.The guy was handcuffed and was walking in front of me with just his underwear.And i remember again inside the police office mama being asked questions and the police officer writting it down.And the guy was asked next.

Then i donno what happened after that coz i never saw the guy again.But i still remember how he looked like.He was a coloured,tall and always had a serious face.

So much of my childhood memories...

6 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

I dont no what to say but that its just sad that women are explioted because of their sex.

Jayn Sean said...

@CNG...and nothing cud be done about it bcoz its now planted on their minds that they can use women the way they want,treat them way they see fit.See song videos like if you want it to sell put women there half-naked.just a typical example...its high time something's done,but we can't do anything can we?

Unknown said...

im speechless.

Jayn Sean said...

@cham...hey..millions of kids around the globe go thru this..and believe you me,they never forget,never!..no matter how old they are,anything of the sort happens to them,it stays stuck in their minds...all we gotta do i gues is keep praying that there'll come a time when,if a man thinks about doing something that horrible,he'll sit and think twice about it instead!

thanx for stopping by...

Ubong Da said...

That was some nasty event for a kid to go through. I hope you didn't grow up believing all men are like that. We are not at least am not. Don't let it color your views of men. All the best.

Jayn Sean said...

@ubong...since then i had never wanted to see a man with my mum.Like i wrote at 'Marriage-One Hell Of An Institution'..i've never really wanted my mum to get married,coz i gues seeing a man with her brot all those to my mind.But still i understood she had to be with someone..we cant live by bread alone can we?

Thanx for the comment hey..