Thursday, December 07, 2006

Everyday...and everynight..!

Psalm 91:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Who abides in the shadow of the Almighty
Will say to the Lord,
''My refuge and my fortress: my God in whom i trust''
For he will deliver you from the share of the fowler:
And from the deadly pestilence:
He will cover you with his pinions.

And under his wings you will find refuge:
His faithfullness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the flies by day,
Nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Nor the destruction on that wastes at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
Ten thousands at your right hand:
But it will not come near you
You will only look with your eyes:
And see the recompense of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord your refuge,
The Most High your habitation.
No evil shall befall you,
No scourge come near your tent

For he will give his angel charge of you
To guard you in all your ways
On their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder,
The young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.

Because he cleaves to me in love,
I will deliver him,
I will protect him,
Because he knows my name.
Whe he calls to me,
I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble,
I will rescue him and honour him.
With long life i will satisfy him,
And show him my salvation.
Amen.

Psalm 121:

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved.
He who keeps you will not slumber
Behold,he who keeps Israel,
Will neither slumber nor sleep

The Lord is your keeper
The Lord is your shade on your right hand
The sun shall not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil,
He will keep your life
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and for ever more
Amen.

No comments: